Get Your Supervisor

If you've ever wondered how call center employees TRULY feel about you as customers, you've found the right place. This is the blog dedicated to all call center phone reps who have to deal with people who harass call center employees. Don't be idiots!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Shut Your Pie Hole, Idiot!


Okay, this is new. I'm actually defending someone who hasn't contacted me at my email address to tell me their story. Folks, you have to grow some manners. We've become rude, nasty and greedy idiots and it's ruining our society. Hear's my latest tale of concern:
-
I'm at Walmart looking for fly spray, light bulbs and yogurt. I personally don't like Walmart because of how they treat their employees, but let's get back to the story. Anyway, I'm in and out of there quickly because I only need a few things right? Yeah, sure. I swear this is the truth-there was only ONE cashier open! I guess management was trying to drive us all to the self-checkout and not employ enough cashiers to help us. Another reason I hate Walmart.
So, I'm in the checkout line and the couple in front of me is having trouble with the scanner recognizing the codes, which makes the one poor cashier assigned to self-checkout have to come over after every swipe, even though she has to take care of six other registers.
I pick up a gossip rag and start leafing through it because there's nothing I can do, right? Anyway Teddy and Teresa Trailerpark have reached their patience limit and have begun verbally attacking the cashier, spewing every f-word, s-word and whatever four letter word combination trailer park dwellers usually use with ease.
Now I'm pissed and tired because it's not the cashier's fault her stupid, cheap company has caused her to be harrassed by these idiots. Mr. & Mrs. Trailerpark are still going at it, just being retarded, single-toothed, inbred maniacs. Because I can't take anymore of this I politely ask, "Why don't you just let her show what's going wrong or let her scan your stuff, 'cause I'm in a hurry."
Boy oh boy the reaction on both of their faces. Together they gaped their mouths open looking just like two big-mouthed trout my mom catches. Just as Teddy's about to say something to me, I stand up straight and move closer, just in case I have to get in a good punch to his red, sneering face. Mrs. Trailerpark knows her husband's about to be involved in a VERY ugly argument and grabs him by the arm and twists him around, denying me the pleasure of telling him how stupid I think he is, how ugly his mother is and the name of a good dentist he should visit before age 30.
Finally, after all this is done, guess what? The food stamp card they were using to pay for their stuff is declined! Now they're blaming Walmart's system for declining the card because Theresa "knows for a fact that she has about an $80 dollar balance 'cause Skeeter only used $30 yesterday." I swear, she said Skeeter! So I've been in this line about 20 minutes having to endure society at its worst and their raggedy card is declined and they're still upset? Oh hell no! Life's too short for fly spray, light bulbs and yogurt from Walmart, no matter how low low the prices are. I leave everything in my cart right there in the line and go to Safeway where I can buy everything I need w/o having to endure such hardship.
-
The moral of this story? Anyone with common sense knows a business doesn't care about their service when they don't open enough checkout lines or you're on hold longer than three minutes. Don't put up w/poor service, but then don't take it out on the staff. They have to pay rent, mortgage and insurance just like you. When all else fails, ask for a supervisor but remember, make sure you're card works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home