Get Your Supervisor

If you've ever wondered how call center employees TRULY feel about you as customers, you've found the right place. This is the blog dedicated to all call center phone reps who have to deal with people who harass call center employees. Don't be idiots!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

This is For You, Blue Girl


This is a new type of post because my girl Debo Blue put me on blast on her blog while I was out of circulation (see previous blog on traveling) and she knew I wouldn't see it until I got back and got around to reading her blog. Because all's fair in love and war I've decided to give my perspective on our friendship and HER personality/genetic makeup.


I feel safe writing this now because I know at this moment she's just gotten out of class and is probably somewhere having coffee w/her boy David (more on him later). She won't be on the Internet until tomorrow afternoon and by that time I'll be unreachable until tomorrow night, snicker, snicker. So Blue, this is for you!


Debo and I became friends after meeting in an elevator at work and I told her I was going abroad. She was all excited and told of her travels to Europe. After that conversation she would speak to me and we started just hanging.


Now when I say Debo spoke to me let me clarify this point, Debo's sorta strange. She smiles most times and speaks to anybody, but she will always make a point to speak to black people. I've asked her why she does this and she says it was her upbringing to speak to blacks because they're all family or some discriminatory story like that. D will speak to the Mexican cleaning crew. She speaks enough Spanish to converse with them so most of them know her by name etc. There's no one she won't speak to unless they make a point of not wanting to speak to her.


She appears very confident and easy in her skin but she is a coward, plain and simple. She even jokes that one of her black managers told her she (the manager) was going to take her (Debo's)sista card because she won't stand up for herself. D says it's because it's not a battle she chooses to fight, she'll wait for the important one to come along and then battle, but because it takes so long to get her upset, I'm thinking she's letting too many people walk all over her. Everyone but me.


There's no limit of times she's not told me to do this, live this way, don't live this way. She may not respect my choices but she doesn't beat me down all the time about them. And I respect her choices too. I mean really, this girl won't go to a karioke bar because it's a bar. She doesn't gamble, doesn't smoke, drink, won't see rated R movies or read any books with graphic sexual content. Her views on God are archaic and too constraining. I tell her Orthodox Jews drink and dance all the time, so if they're God's chosen and can do all that why can't she? Anyway, that horse is dead.


She's very intelligent but she has to analyze everything! Really, she does. She's also a Class A, certified germophobe. Everyday she swathes down her workstation with Clorox wipes, won't touch other's computer mice, won't share pens or pencils, NEVER eats or drinks after anyone, doesn't shake hands, will hold her urine for hours to avoid using public toilets. Everything grosses her out-dead bugs, overflowing garbage cans, sharing pillows, watching people eat. She's a black female Felix Unger.


But, she's very defensive of the weak and not-well-liked. She has morals and values. She's trustworthy, doesn't gossip and won't accept hateful gossip, she genuinely cares about people and spends a lot of money helping her family (my opinion-too much) She's got a great sense of humor and a sharp tongue that can make a defensive lineback cry.


I don't know what she's going to do after reading this. I'm sure some of this is going to push her buttons so if I don't hear from her this weekend I'll call David and see what she's thinking about the blog. Oh yeah, almost forgot David.


See, Debo has a lot of friends and we're all her best friends. How's that possible? David is D's best friend and they have even less in common than we do. But, David loves to travel and he loves football, two of the biggest loves for Debo. I personally think David has a crush on Debo but she won't entertain that thought because he dates women who look the opposite of her and has never said or done anything but be a friend. Still analyzing things as you can see. David dates strippers and ho's and anyone who looks like a stripper or ho. But he will come running to D if she simply flicks her finger. David has actually left a date, come help D, then went back to the date. I'm serious!


So, why are we friends? Because she leaves me alone and I leave her alone. Because she makes me realize life's not that serious ALL the time. She always says, "If you have your health, the other problems will work themselves out. Thank God for your health!" Because she needs a white friend like me who grew up in the black 'hood so I know how to keep it real and because I know without a shadow of a doubt that I can call her anytime of night just to have her talk to me. If there are no more posts on this site or you read about my death, you'll know that she's really mad at me!


Debo Blue, holla at your gurrrl!

5 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Well good morning.

Let me start off by thanking you for visiting my blog, seems as though Skittles has touch people all over the world! As I said to another of Skittles buds who visited my site, any friend of hers is a friend of mine.

Now as far as Debo goes you must have a great friendship. I'd love to hear her perspective of you!

Hope you have a fantastic day.

Cheers from the great white north!

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debo sounds pleasant. Like someone I'd hang around with.

Shavonne
shavonne.org

4:45 AM  
Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

I love your blog. I usually read it while I'm at work.


I hope your friend is not mad at you.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i read this once and laughed but then i read Debo's latest blog and so i came back to read this again......whew, sounds like quite a "different" kind of relationship, ESPECIALLY putting so much of her business out there like that.

But hey, if that's how you get down, do your thing. But some of the words you use could come across as a little harsh to describe someone you consider a friend. But hey, like i said, a different kind of friendship.

p.s. - i heard you don't even know what the Falcons team colors are.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Sicka You said...

Smalltown-please come and visit anytime.

Shavonne-Debo is VERY NICE and someone I want to continue hanging around.

BIB-welcome! Hope you don't work in a call center:-)

Kiyotoe-okay you got me, I was just messing with you about the football team and stuff.

Go and read Blue's stuff about me. She's got MY life out there too. A-blue-state-of-mind/blogspot. Come back and tell me what you think.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home