Get Your Supervisor

If you've ever wondered how call center employees TRULY feel about you as customers, you've found the right place. This is the blog dedicated to all call center phone reps who have to deal with people who harass call center employees. Don't be idiots!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Conversation w/a Friend


ME: "Hey girl, what's up?"

FRIEND: "Girl, nothing. How are you?"

"Pretty good, working like an indentured servant. How come I haven't seen you?"

"I've been working these 12 hour days and then hitting the books 'til 3 in the morning. I work longer than my daddy did when he was picking cotton!"

"Yeah? I left you a couple of messages and left one at your desk. You got them, right?

"Yep I did, and I answered one of them, remember?"

"Yeah. I just thought we were going to get together to talk about that blog stuff. I know you're upset about it."

"Now how did you know that? Have I spoken about it to you?"

"No but I read your comments and stuff plus you're not answering my calls and stuff all of a sudden, so we need to get this done."

"Well, here we are, let's do it. What do you want to talk about?"

"First, why you get upset about my perspective but I'm not supposed to react when YOU tell the world I'm some kind of atheist slut."

"Sicka, I never called you an atheist or a slut and you know it! You called me great big liar scared to see a movie! Why wouldn't I be swoll up?"

"Why did you have to do a whole story on me? I'm not a pathetic person who needs YOU to grasp from the street corner. You didn't have to do all that."

"Okay, I'm sorry I offended you, Sicka. I'm sorry I even told you about the blog thing and got you involved. Most of all I'm sorry you involved David. What's wrong w/you?"

"We talk about David's choice of women all the time..."

"We talk, Sicka. You and me. You should have told me my blog was so disrespectful to you. I'm going to delete it so we won't have to worry about it anymore."

"Don't delete it. It's history now besides, do you want me to delete mine?"

"Don't care one way or the other. Do whatever you want, it's your blog. Maybe if I weren't such a big, fat, smiling coward I'd make you delete it."


A few minutes of silence. I'm biting my lip, playing w/my hair. Friend's folding and unfolding her arms. Both determining the next step.


ME: "Well, I am sorry about you being upset about the blog. I wasn't trying to be such a bitch."

FR: "We're both sorry so let's agree not to do any other blogs about each other. As a matter of fact, let's agree not to mention each other just in case there are more failures to communicate."


Damn! Why does she always get the best lines?


ME: "Yep."


More silence. I've now moved on to my nails. Friend's moved on to hers too. That's a good sign, at least we're in sync.


FR: "You know you're the only one I've ever told about my blog."

ME: "I haven't told anyone either. Are you kidding me? All these big mouths around here?"

"Yep."

"What are you doing tonight?"

"It's Thursday so I'm in school. Last class though. Next week's the final then a break 'til January."

"Oh yeah. That's right. Why are the flags flying at half-mast? Somebody die?"

"No, it's December 7th, the Pearl Harbour anniversary. I think it's like the 65th or 66th anniversary."

"Oh yeah, and here we are right back in war. How many did we lose in that war?"

"I'm not sure but we're not in a world war this time."

"Yeah but American soldiers are still dying."

"Yep, they're still dying. Saw you got into a bit of scuffle w/Afronerd. Why are you starting wars?"

"Hey, he invites people to leave their opinions. I left him mine. He's a confused loser."

"He's a blogger w/his own opinion. Don't like it, don't visit it. That's what you always say when you're deleting comments you don't like"

"Speaking of which, I got a comment from Song of a Warrior defending you and sh--. I deleted that one too."

"Sicka, don't be a menace to the blogging community. Leave folks alone."

"Hold on, she came on MY site, bumping her gums and stuff. At least her comment was short. I'm surprised considering the chapters she writes on her site. Talk about needing a life!"

"Sicka..."

"Whatever. So, wanna go pick something up at Starbuck's before you go or are you leaving now?"

"Naw, I got time. We can go to Starbuck's. I haven't been there in a while and I'm ready for a macchiato w/mint."

"Mint? Yuck! They've got that mint mocha hot chocolate stuff you liked last year."

"Yeah? Sweet! You buying, right?"

"Girl!"

"Look, I ain't go no cash on me and besides, you started all this drama so you should be buying me something. And that little note about me having to talk to you to get a Christmas present. What's up w/that?"

"Let the records show YOU started this w/your first blog so technically you should be buying me a little some'n, some'n."

"Here, carry some of this stuff for me. I'll review some of tonight's notes over there."

"Hey, let's do a dual blog to let everyone know we've kissed and made up."

"Sicka, them folks don't care nothing about us making up. Oh, did you read Bob's letter to fighting friends? He was talking 'bout us."

"I like Bob, he's the best one of all."

"Gee, I wonder why."

"Whatever".

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Bob? Bob??? There can only be one best one of all. Debo knows this.

My ego bruises easily.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home